Saturday, March 7, 2015

...Looking in the mirror before leaving home -something's missing.


Looking in the mirror before leaving home -something's missing.
Aah my head-scarf.. after draping it according to my comfort -feels complete :)..

Sometimes I wonder why so much focus is put on this 1 little aspect of being a 
Muslim woman (to the detriment of more important knowledge and practice
 of Islam). Because the headscarf is suchh a "visual symbol" of the Muslim 
woman...


Lately I find I am being asked regarding this even by other muslim girls and 
women who choose not to wear hijab; and by non-Muslims who know of 
other Muslim women who choose not to wear hijab.

The most common question is "why do u wear that thing?"  
 Which thing?! Ooohh...dats my hijab/headscarf ..saq
 ..It reflects my overall style 

It's become part of my being as I've begun to love it- but u have to adjust in relationships; so have i in d cold, hot, rain, nd ofcourse fashion wink emoticn..sumtymz, I had let go off it, sumtymz she did. ..either becuz of Mr Wind or dose lil pins or peak hour travel tyms in mumbai locals or ...

..sometimes, I had let go off it, sometimes did my hijab. ..either because of Mr 

Wind or dose lil pins or peak hour travel tyms in mumbai locals or ...


The fundamental reason to wear it is that I believe it's mandated in Islam. 
The purpose and benefits of wearing it according to me are: 
  • Modesty- so I can tamper a little with judgmental minds and thus they are forced to judge me by my actions and words instead of how amazing or disastrous I look ..lol
  • To d same end my "beauty" is then saved for my future husband (whoever he is.. may Lord grant him d strength to bear with me) -who idk if protects his own modesty by lowering his gaze. Oh! nd dat way.. he also would'nt feel insecure wink emoticon
  • Most ppl respect the dress code and I've noticed that many are more gentlemanly with me (in general*) 
  • Wearing it also works for me as a continuous reminder of d duties, behaviour and attitude expected of me.

This live-in relationship with my loving headscarf has been beneficial to me in
many ways.. not only do I feel secure dat i'm following a mandate set by the
Lord (thus pleasing Him) but I also experience great comforts in this life 
because of my coverage.

Contrary to what many think, I am not forced to wear it.
 I chose it for myself.
And it doesn't cause me ny discomfort

 -just as high heels are worth the pain for most girls like the like of me, 

No comments:

Post a Comment